Ask a Plumber in Glenview: Should I Install a Tankless Water Heater?
Posted on July 8, 2015 by admin in Water Heaters
Are you considering installing a new water heater? Then you’re best advised to ask your plumber in Glenview whether a tankless water heater is a good solution for you.
Advantages of a Tankless Water Heater
If you’ve always had a conventional storage tank water heater, it’s a big step to switch to a tankless model. However, this kind of on-demand water heater has a number of distinct advantages over a conventional model.
Tankless Water Heaters: Pros
- It has a life of approximately 20 years. That’s seven years longer than a storage tank water heater.
- It’s extremely energy-efficient, since it doesn’t have to keep a tank full of water heated 24/7. That means your energy bills will be lower.
- You never run out of hot water.
- It’s more compact than a conventional model, which can make it easier to place.
There are some drawbacks, however:
- They require a bigger investment.
- They don’t always provide a high flow rate. This can be remedied by installing multiple water heaters for the different points of use in a property.
What to Consider When Making a Choice
To a certain extent, personal preference will guide you when deciding between a tankless and storage tank water heater. However, the difference in investment and life of the appliance should also be factored into your decision, as should the available space you have to install it.
Call Lake Cook Plumbing for More Information
To be as informed as possible when deciding between a storage tank water heater and a tankless model, schedule an appointment with one of our expert plumbers. He’ll come to your home and assess your needs. Then he’ll make a recommendation based on the information you provide. He’ll also price out the different options (including the removal of your old water heater) so you have an idea of what to budget for. But either way, whether you choose conventional or tankless, your new appliance will be much more energy-efficient than your old one.