Catch Basins and Storm Drains
Catch basins and storm drains are vital to prevent against flooding in your home. Their main purpose is to route water from rains, floods and other ground water into the sewer system and away from vulnerable areas of your home. Because they funnel away harmful debris like leaves, paper, rocks, and trash, it’s not surprising they can become clogged. However, clogs can result in some severe flooding, so it’s best to get them cleaned out by our technicians here at Lake Cook Plumbing, your local Buffalo Grove and suburban Chicago drain cleaning experts.
Catch Basin and Storm Drain Cleaning Features
- By having a regular clean out performed on your catch basin and storm drain, you can prevent a backup during heavy downpour or snow melt off.
- When we arrive at your home, we will first inspect the storm drains and catch basins to determine the cause of the clog. Then, we will clean them out by removing grates and getting into the basins to remove stuck debris.
Catch Basin and Storm Drain Cleaning Benefits
The first thing you should know about this cleaning is that it might not be your responsibility. In some homes, smaller catch basins that are installed are almost always the homeowner’s responsibility, but it’s best to check with the city first.
If your catch basin or storm drain experiences frequent flooding, your best bet would be to call us here at Lake Cook Plumbing so we can come check out the problem. Why the hurry? Because, without a working clean out, you could:
- Have trash, debris, and other items pile up in your yard
- Have frequent floods when it rains
- Damage your concrete sidewalk or driveway due to erosion from the excessive water
- Ruin the landscaping near the basin
Get your storm drain and catch basin cleaned out today to avoid problems tomorrow. Call Lake Cook Plumbing today!