It’s Time to Repair Your Water Heater in Lake Zurich If You Notice These 5 Signs!
Posted on October 1, 2015 by admin in Water Heaters
Now that temperatures are starting to sink, it’s time to start relying more on your water heater in Lake Zurich! However, what happens when it’s not working? Well, if you don’t seek water heater repair from a plumber in Lake Zurich, you may be stuck without hot water for things like showering, washing the dishes, and cooking a hot meal. If you suspect your current water heater is ready to breakdown at any moment, it’s time to call for repair!
Lake Cook Plumbing should be your number-one plumbing service to repair your water heater in Lake Zurich. While you may think your water heater problems are too complex to handle, nothing is a challenge for our team of certified professionals. We’ll fix any of your water heater troubles at a lightning quick pace so you can do back to enjoying your water heater again!
When Does Your Water Heater in Lake Zurich Need Repair?
If you think you’re alone with your water heater problems, think again. Here are 5 common signs our water heating experts usually identify when it’s time for water heater repair:
- Low Water Pressure: This issue typically occurs with tankless water heaters and is caused by the fact that the heating element needs time to heat the water before delivering it to the point of use. Low water pressure can hinder even the most relaxing shower, so it’s best to get it fixed.
- Cracks and Leaks: Leaks in the storage tank or its plumbing are indicated by wet spots or pooling water beneath the appliance. When the leak is located around the lines, it can sometimes be fixed by tightening or replacing the affected part. While smaller leaks and cracks may not seem like much of a concern, it can waste you plenty of gallons of water.
- Tank Corrosion or Rust: A corroded storage tank will result in leaks, so you need to choose whether to wait or to invest in a new heater. You also don’t want the rust to contaminate the water in any way, no matter how slight the rusting.
- Cost Inefficiency: A faulty water heater will use up more energy to produce hot water. This can only spell doom for your energy bills as you can potentially see them increase up to unbearable levels. Repairs can help solve any problems but if your water heater appears to be beyond repair, it may be time to consider a replacement.
- Discolored Water: Your water supply should always be crystal clear. However, if you’re starting to notice discoloration in your water, then it’s time to call for repair as this can be a huge health hazard. Discolored water can be orange, brown, or a murky gray.
Contact Lake Cook Plumbing today if your water heater in Lake Zurich need repair, especially once you notice any of these 5 signs!