Sewer Drain Cleaning
Having a regular drain clog – like one in your kitchen or bathroom drains – is annoying, but not quite as serious as a sewer main line back up. Having a clog in your sewer drain can cause major disruptions to your day, and could end with you cleaning sewage back up off the floor.
We know you don’t want that to happen, so here are some things you should look out for to know if your sewer is clogged:
- If all of your drains are slow, not just one toilet or sink
- If you notice a strong odor emanating from the drains
- If you see sewage backup in showers or tubs
A clogged sewer line can be a serious threat to the comfort and safety of your home. Trust in your local Buffalo Grove and suburban Chicago drain cleaning experts at Lake Cook Plumbing to help you navigate these issues.
Common Sewer Drain Clog Causes
Because the sewer drain routes all of the dirty water from your inside plumbing fixtures out of your home into the main sewer line, it’s no surprise that they can become clogged.
It’s a good idea for you, as a homeowner, to be aware of the most common causes of sewer drain clogs:
- Paper waste
- Tree root infiltration
Sewer Drain Cleaning Features
Sewer drain clogs are not something you should ignore, as they are only going to get worse as time goes by. As soon as you suspect that you have a clog in your main line, it’s vital that you call a Lake Cook Plumbing expert to check out the problem.
The first step is determining the location and severity of the clog so we can ensure that all the proper actions are taken to completely remove the problem.
When our technicians come to your home, you can expect the following:
- First, we will inspect the drain line with a specialized drain camera. This camera allows our plumbers to see the exact location and cause of clog, helping us determine the best course of action for repair. We will typically find tree roots that have infiltrated the line during this inspection that will need hydro-jetting to clear them away.
- Hydro-jetting is the best way to not only completely remove the clog, but to also clean your drains and restore them to their original condition. This process is done with water jetting equipment that sends high pressurized water into your pipes.
Let us clean out your sewer drain clog – Call Lake Cook Plumbing today!