Ask a McHenry Plumber: What is Trenchless Sewer Repair?
- sewer repair
As a top-rated McHenry plumber, homeowners often ask us the question, “What is trenchless sewer repair?”
Trenchless Sewer Repair Defined
As the term states, trenchless sewer repair is a technique that allows us to repair sewers without having to dig trenches to get to them. Before trenchless techniques were developed, plumbers had to dig up large parts of people’s properties in order to remove old pipes and install new ones. It was a lengthy and costly procedure. Fortunately, there are two new techniques that minimize the need for digging:
- Pipe lining. With pipe lining, we insert a flexible tube that’s coated with resin into the old pipe. This tube is then inflated, and after a few hours, the resin sets and hardens into a new pipe within the pipe. The diameter of the pipe is reduced by approximately a quarter of an inch, but that doesn’t affect the draining capacity.
- Pipe bursting. With pipe bursting, a new pipe is pulled through the old one. As the pipe is pulled through, it puts pressure on the damaged pipe and breaks it outward.
Benefits of Trenchless Sewer Repair
These new techniques come with considerable benefits to homeowners:
- They minimize the need for digging. This saves a lot of time.
- They cost less. The cost savings are considerable, since there’s less labor involved and property owners won’t have to replace all of their landscaping or paving after the job’s completed.
- Both pipe lining and pipe bursting are extremely durable. Most plumbers provide warranties of between 10 and 50 years.
- It adds value to your property. Installing new sewer pipes adds considerable value to your home, and you can expect significant ROI in the event you sell your home.
Call Lake Cook Plumbing, Your Trusted McHenry Plumber
If your sewer system is old or damaged, call Lake Cook Plumbing and ask about trenchless sewer repair. We’ve been providing top-notch plumbing services to homeowners in the McHenry area for more than 60 years, and we’re happy to help you enhance the health of your home’s plumbing system. So don’t wait: call Lake Cook Plumbing today!