Burst Pipe Repair in Buffalo Grove, IL
- Drain Cleaning
During the coldest months of winter, one of the biggest headaches is burst pipes. We envision an unheated area of our house or cottage getting frozen while we are sunbathing in Florida in February. No one wants to come home in April to find a flood in the basement. As this might happen, there are several other causes of burst pipes, making it a year around problem. Knowing how to prevent these accidents and how to repair them will save you money and time.
Causes of Burst Pipes
- Freezing: During cold nights, standing water can freeze in the water lines of your home. This is especially true for water lines that are exposed to outside air. As freezing water expands, its pressure strains pipe walls until they burst. When the ice melts, water gushes out creating a nasty mess.
- Weakening Due to Corrosion: Corrosion is a problem that plagues every metal pipe system. Within 15 to 20 years of installation, corrosion can reduce the carrying capacity of pipes by as much as 70 percent. As metals are filtered from pipes, the pipe walls are eaten away. Eventually the structural integrity of the line fails, leading to pinhole leaks and burst pipes.
Options for Burst Pipes
- Water Leak Detection and Repair: Finding the cause of a leak is tricky business, usually carried out by performing exploratory demolitions to find the source. Electronic leak detection equipment minimizes exploratory damage by providing a probable source of the leak, enabling you to get repair options that meet your needs and budget.
- In-Place Pipe Restoration: Once, failed water lines needed to be completely replaced. However, with in-place pipe restoration your can get your old pipes running better than new, without the cost and hassle of breaking down your walls.
- Re-piping and Pipe Conversion: Permanently avoid corrosion by replacing worn metal pipes with brand new lines.
Whether you want to plan ahead in September or have an emergency in January, the professional team at Lake Cook Plumbing is here to help. With free estimates and around the clock emergency repair, you’ll never be left out in the cold.