lake cook water conditioning
Water Conditioning in Lake Zurich
Improve the Quality of Your Water in Your Lake County Home
You may never think it possible that water could be considered “hard,” but it is an unfortunate reality for some homeowners. Water conditioning is the perfect solution for maintaining clean water in your home.
If you are one of them, you are likely experiencing the following:
- Hard deposits on and around fixtures
- Red-tinged water
- Dingy clothing
- Dry or itchy skin after bathing
- Spots on glass shower doors
- Rings around tubs
- Foul-smelling water
- No lather when using soap or shampoo
- Reduced water pressure from your shower head
- Deposits in clothes and dishwashers
Does that sound like something going on in your home? If it is, it’s time you call Lake Cook Plumbing. Your local Lake Zurich plumbing experts can introduce you to water softening!
How to Solve Hard Water Problems
Hard water is water that is filled with minerals like calcium and magnesium. Those minerals can do some serious damage to your plumbing, appliances, and fixtures if the problem is not resolved. And the best response to hard water in homes is a water softener.
A water softener actually removes the ions from calcium and magnesium minerals in your water and replaces them with sodium.
Some of your water softening options include:
- Water filtration– Water filtration makes the water you drink and cook with taste better, but doesn’t do a great job removing all the calcium and magnesium from your water. If you have extremely hard water, this choice won’t make that much of an impact.
- Salt-based water softener– Salt-based water softeners are a great choice for eliminating hard water except they do require some maintenance.
- Descaling– Descalers soften the water that comes into your home while addressing the buildup of mineral deposits. You may have heard these be referred to as salt-free water softeners.
No matter how difficult the hard water problem is in your home, our team of Lake Zurich water conditioning experts will help determine which option is best for you and install it on the spot.
Benefits of Water Softeners
You may not have noticed the direct effects of hard water before, but once you have a water softener, you’ll begin to see how much better your water is for doing everyday tasks.
Here are some of the many benefits you will enjoy with a water softener installation:
- Cleaner clothing and dishes
- Better tasting water
- Increased appliance performance
- Cleaner feeling skin and hair
- Increased water pressure
You deserve to reap all the benefits of a water softener sooner rather than later, so call Lake Cook Plumbing today at (847) 450-0953 to set up an installation!