Five Ways to Prevent Main Line Clogs in Suburban Chicago
- Drain Cleaning
No Method is Guaranteed, But it Can’t Hurt to Try
Have you ever had a clog in your main sewer line? If you have, then you know how troublesome and annoying they are. Surely, you don’t want it to ever happen again, right? We feel safe assuming that you would take any measure possible to prevent a main line clog from occurring a second time, which is why we’re providing you with five tips to help you do just that.
Sewer Line Clog Prevention
- Despite the way it may look or sound, your garbage disposal cannot devour every bit of food that you put down there, especially if done so in large quantity. You need to be careful how much food – and what kind – you are throwing in the kitchen drain to avoid a clog.
- We suggest you use some Bio-Clean to clear your drains. Bio-Clean is a safe enzyme and bacteria mix that will help prevent clogs without harming your drains or pipes.
- You probably don’t like it when your clothes come out of the dryer full of lint. Well, your washing machine isn’t a big fan, either. To avoid a washing machine clog full of lint, it would be a good idea to install a lint catcher.
- When you shower, you naturally shed hundreds of strands of hair and they don’t have anywhere to go but down the drain. To stop them from clogging it up, install a hair catcher on the shower drain.
- One of the toughest clogs – the infiltration of tree roots – also has the toughest prevention solution. It would be a good idea to remove the trees closest to your home that could be causing the tree root problem.
Still having a sewer line problem? Don’t worry – just call Lake Cook Plumbing and we’ll take care of it for you!