6 Reasons Why Your Sewer Needs Hydro Jetting
- Drain Cleaning
When your drains are starting to back up, it likely means that there is a clog somewhere in your sewer line. One of the best ways to clear out blockages is by hydro jetting. This is a simple, non-invasive procedure performed by professional plumbers like Lake Cook Plumbing. It’s also oftentimes the better option compared to other methods of sewer cleaning. Here are 6 reasons why hydro jetting is better than other methods of sewer cleaning!
What Is Hydro Jetting?
Hydro jetting is a process in which high-pressure water is used to clean out pipes and sewage lines. It is often used to remove blockages, such as tree roots or debris, that have accumulated in the pipes over time. The process involves using a high-pressure hose equipped with a specialized nozzle that can produce a powerful jet of water. The water is forced through the pipes at a very high velocity, breaking up the blockages and flushing them out of the system. This process can be used to clean both small and large pipes, and it is often used in conjunction with other methods of pipe cleaning and maintenance.
6 Benefits Of Hydro Jetting
There are several benefits to using water jetting as a method of sewer cleaning:
- Effective at removing blockages: Water jetting is highly effective at removing blockages from pipes, including hard, compacted debris such as tree roots or grease.
- Non-invasive: Water jetting does not require any digging or excavation, making it a non-invasive option for cleaning pipes.
- Can reach all areas of the pipe: The high-pressure water from water jetting can reach all areas of the pipe, including corners and bends, ensuring a thorough cleaning.
- Can be used on different types of pipes: Water jetting can be used on a variety of different types of pipes, including PVC, cast iron, and clay.
- Can extend the lifespan of pipes: Regular water jetting can help to extend the lifespan of pipes by removing buildups of debris that can cause damage over time.
- Environmentally friendly: Water jetting uses only water to clean pipes, making it an environmentally friendly option.
It’s not for everything…
While hydro jetting can be an effective method of cleaning pipes, it is important to note that it is not always the best option for every situation. In some cases, other methods, such as snaking or rooter service, may be more appropriate. Lake Cook Plumbing can assess your specific needs and recommend the best course of action.
If you suspect your sewer line is backing up and you need hydro jetting, call Lake Cook Plumbing today! Don’t forget to check out our reviews!