Tips for Drain Cleaning in Buffalo Grove
- Drain Cleaning
If you need drain cleaning in Buffalo Grove, then it’s good to know there are a number of things you can try yourself before it’s time to call in the experts. Here are some top tips for cleaning drains:
Drain Cleaning in Buffalo Grove Can Be Easy!
- Salt water: To eliminate unpleasant odors,make a strong salt water solution and pour it down the drain.
- Baking soda: A tried and true method is to pour a cup of baking soda down the drain, followed by a kettle of boiling water. Then run the cold water for a few minutes to flush everything out.
- Vinegar: For a more powerful solution, pour half a cup of baking soda, half a cup of vinegar and a kettle of boiling water down the drain. This should remove any clogs and eliminate odors.
- Drain cleaner: If you don’t mind using chemicals, purchase a drain cleaning solution. Carefully follow all instructions on the package for safe usage.
- Plunger: If a sink is completely blocked, use a plunger to apply suction and unclog it. Position the plunger over the drain and pump it up and down a number of times before removing. In most cases, the suction will pull the clog upwards and start to break it up. Repeat as many times as necessary.
Of course, there may be instances in which none of these methods are effective. If this is the case, then your pipes may have too much sediment or scaling in them, or a clog might be too far into the drain to reach. This is when you need to call the experts.
The Buffalo Grove drain cleaning specialists at Lake Cook can perform a video camera inspection that allows them to see what’s going on inside the drains. They can pinpoint exactly where the blockage or buildup is and determine whether the pipes have been damaged. This enables them to decide on the best course of action to get your drains back into shape as soon as possible, whether that’s with water jetting, snaking, pipe repair or pipe replacement.
Call Lake Cook for the best drain cleaning service in Buffalo Grove, and start having a happier, healthier home!
Remember: for all your drain cleaning needs, call the experts at Lake Cook Plumbing!