5 Signs That a Tankless Water Heater Is Exactly What You Need
- Water Heaters
Are you thinking about installing a new tankless water heater in Lake Zurich? Then maybe it’s time to replace your old tank model with an efficient tankless water heater. Here’s what you need to know about tankless water heaters- and the signs that it’s the right choice for you.
Traditional VS. Tankless Water Heaters
A traditional water heater has a tank that stores hot water, which is delivered to the tap when you turn it on. When the water supply runs low, the tank has to fill itself and heat the water before it can deliver hot water again. Until then, it can only send cold water to the faucet.
In contrast, a tankless water heater doesn’t have a storage tank at all. Instead, the water runs over a heating element when hot water is requested at your shower or sink. Because it doesn’t rely on a tank, a tankless water heater provides a nearly endless supply of hot water for your family.
While many people still use their traditional tank water heater, most homeowners are switching to a tankless water heater in Lake Zurich. There are many benefits to switching over to a tankless unit besides the unlimited hot water in your home.
Reasons to Get a Tankless Water Heater in Lake Zurich
- You Want Constant Hot Showers. Some people like cold showers, but they’re few and far between. Most of us prefer a hot shower regardless of whether it’s the middle of summer or a chilly winter day. If you find your family running out of hot water before everyone has their turn, then a tankless model is your solution.
- You Want a Water Heater That Will Last. While a conventional model lasts approximately 15 years, a tankless water heater has a lifespan of 20 years. While the initial price of a tankless heater is more, it pays for itself in longevity alone.
- You are Looking to Lower Your Energy Bills. Constantly storing hot water in a tank wastes energy. The tank must be kept warm at all times in order for hot water to be delivered. And it must heat up ice cold water each time it runs out. With a tankless heater, you will not lose energy heating a massive tank. You will only heat what you need which is more efficient.
- You are trying to be Environmentally Friendly. Because an on-demand model is more energy-efficient, it’s a more environmentally friendly option. It uses less energy and produces fewer emissions than a tank water heater.
- You Want More Space in Your Home. A tank style water heater is about the size of a refrigerator. It takes up a huge corner in your basement or utility closet upstairs. In comparison, a tankless water heater is mounted on the wall and is about the size of a desktop computer. It will give you more room for storage or whatever you need for your home.
Ask for Lake Cook Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
If you decide that a tankless water heater in Lake Zurich is an option for you, then it’s time to call Lake Cook Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. Our team of professionals is ready to advise on the model and size tankless water heater to give your family the best hot water service. At Lake Cook, we take pride in offering the most updated and efficient plumbing services available since 1954. We offer a worry-free guarantee and promise to work around your schedule. Plumbing problems can be stressful enough, so we look to ease your worries and make the experience as seamless as possible.
If you need a tankless water heater in Lake Zurich installed, call Lake Cook Plumbing, Heating & Cooling today!